Multiview for Galaxy S3 is here and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can port this all new feature in your device with a simple tutorial. This all new firmware is dubbed as XXELK4 firmware which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. The best part as we mentioned earlier that it comes with the built in “Multiview” feature which means that you can multitask in a real time manner. Not just Multiview, this firmware also comes with other features which are summed below. This firmware also comes with the smart rotation and Multiview capability.
In the past few days, we saw few custom ROM firmwares based on the XXELK4 Firmware and in the coming days we will be coming out with more such custom ROM firmwares. This is the Official firmware version which got leaked from Samsung sources, as of now there is no ETA on by when Samsung S3 will be receiving the global update of Jellybean 4.1.2 release but yes till then you can play around with this update.
Features of XXELK4 Firmware:
- Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, as there in Note II)
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel (Customizable)
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard
- Paper Artist App
- New Gallery App
Quick Pre Requisites:
- So, before we proceed, you need to make sure that you have created a backup of all your data present in your device as the data in the phone may get lost or corrupted in the process of firmware update. Please note that only with the help of below mentioned steps you will have to create the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or else the device may get powered off in the middle of firmware update.
Note: Applying this firmware update won’t root the device in any manner and also just in case if your phone is rooted, the root access will be lost.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.