Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Multiview Powered XXELK4 firmware:
- Download the Multiview Powered XXELK4 firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to get the two files as shown below.
- From the extracted folder, open odin in your computer and turn off your Galaxy S3 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Now, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow which means that all the drivers in the computer have been installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select “I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_HOME.tar.md5” and once it’s done you will see that the process of firmware will be updated. As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will see that the device will be rebooted.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update. You can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can see the current firmware version as XXELK4 Firmware update.