Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT I9300I Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.4 Android OS which ropes in the much needed stability along with the bug fixes which were otherwise there in the earlier versions. With more optimization fixes along with the new minor UI changes, this new update will bring increased support of apps. So let’s check out on what are the change log items along with the pre requisites and a detailed procedure which will help you update the device.
- The status bar turns transparent and the icons on it become white
- Expandable notifications
- New camera shortcut on the lockscreen
- Option to choose default apps for messaging, home launcher and others
- New effect on screen turns off
- GPS toggle becomes Location toggle
- Samsung clock app has a new Desk Clock tab
- Google Now experience
- The TouchWiz graphical UI is a little better
- Faster performance is faster now
- Tabbed settings panel
- Better battery life
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following the instructions mentioned in this article.
Essential Pre Conditions:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT I9300I should be left with a minimum of 50% battery life.
- Your Windows computer should have Full USB Read/ Write access. Download the Samsung drivers in your computer from here and install the same. Once installed, you need to restart the computer.
- Create the backup of all the data in your Galaxy S3 Neo manually with the help of apps like SMS backup & restore, Call log backup and restore etc. Once backed up, copy all the files which you need in your computer so that you can then manually restore them.
- Make sure that ADB is installed in your computer.
So let’s head over to the next step where we have detailed the steps which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root and install Custom Recovery image in Moto G 2014:
- Download the Kitkat 4.4.4 Firmware update from here to your computer along with the Odin package from the below links;
Hong Kong: TGY-I9300IZHUBNH3-20140911135826.zip
- Once downloaded, you need to extract the same and open odin in your computer. Once connected, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow / Green depending upon the Odin version. If you don’t see ID: COM section turn some other color, then you need to install the drivers.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you have got after extracting the firmware package.
- Once you select the tar file, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Firmware update process will take around 3 -4 minutes and once updated, you will then have to wait for the device to reboot. Once the device is rebooted, you now need to then check the firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone”.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting the device. We will be very soon coming with the tutorials which will help you root the device and install the custom ROM firmwares.