Manual Update Galaxy S3 with Official XXDLIH Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
It’s Official in select countries and now in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can upgrade the firmware of your Galaxy S3 with the official firmware of Jellybean 4.1.1 built which is dubbed as Jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLIH. Samsung has started to roll out this firmware but just in case if you don’t want to wait for it to arrive, then you can follow this guide for applying this update. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can update with the help of quick pre requisites followed by which we will be checking out on what are the detailed guide with which you can apply this update. It was last time when we saw on how you can update your S3 with XXDLIB Jellybean 4.1.1 built.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Your precious data should be backed up so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets erased / corrupted, you should be in a position to restore the same. So, with the help of below mentioned manual steps you will have to create the backup. Preferably don’t use KIES for backing the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Best Part: Applying this part won’t root the device in any manner, so the warranty is intact even if you apply this firmware update. Also, just in case if you are on any of the custom ROM firmware, after applying this update, the warranty can be reclaimed.
- Minimum battery level left in your phone should not fall below 30% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Just in case if you have rooted your device, the root access will be revoked, the only way with which the device can be rooted is by re rooting the device of which we will be coming up with a tutorial shortly.
- Ensure that you have installed the Samsung USB Drivers and Latest KIES in your computer as these both will be required in the due course of this process. As of now this process will only work on the Windows based computers.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial to update Galaxy S3 with XXDLIH Firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXDLIH Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download the XXDLIH Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the files in your computer.
- Once extracted, open Odin and turn off your Galaxy S3 so that it can be entered in the download mode. Download Mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode. You can refer to the below mentioned video to know more on how to enter the device in the download mode.
- In download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the XXDLIH firmware. Ensure that the ID : COM section in Odin has turned yellow or else the firmware can’t be applied.
- Once you click on Start, you will see a progress bar which will indicate the progress of the firmware update in your Galaxy S3. It will take round about 5 – 8 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the firmware is update, you will see the home screen in your computer.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So there you go you have now successfully learnt on how you can upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with the Official jellybean 4.1.1 XXDLIH firmware.