Galaxy S3 – Steps to Update with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXELKC Firmware
After XXELK4 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware update for Galaxy S3 rolled out few days back, it’s time for newer release dubbed as XXELKC Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware for Galaxy S3 which promises to be better and bug free. So, let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware update. Please note that there are many users who are bothered of Warranty void but we would like to re assure that by applying this firmware update from the instructions mentioned below, there is no way that the warranty will get void. So, let’s proceed with the quick instructions which you need to follow before proceeding to apply this firmware update which also includes the pre requisites.
The best part of this firmware is that it’s the official firmware and not the beta or the leaked ones. Though there is no ETA on by when there will be an official date on by when this will be rolled out, but you can expect for the roll out in coming months.
Just in case if you wish to root your Galaxy S3 GT I9300 on XXELKC Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware, we at androidadvices.com will come with a detailed guide on the same very shortly. There are hell lot of new features in this firmware which includes;
- Multiview Feature,
- Based on Android 4.1.2 JZO54K,
- Customizable Notification Panel for enhanced viewing experience,
- Brightness Slider is not a part of notification panel,
- Smart rotation feature is enabled,
- Android 4.2 Keyboard comes pre-loaded,
- Page buddy, Paper Cast app and Group Cast apps are pre-loaded,
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Gallery,
All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets corrupted or erased, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or else the device may get powered off in the middle of firmware update.
Note: There is no way that your device will be rooted in any manner after applying this update. Just in case if your device is rooted, the root access will be revoked and the warranty can be reclaimed.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with the Latest Jellybean 4.1.2
- Download the Latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your Galaxy S3’s external SD Card.
- Once you have placed the zip file, disconnect the device and turn Off your phone so that it can be then entered in the Download Mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S3 while it’s in the download mode with the computer and then you will see that after a minute the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are successfully installed.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select “” the tar file and then select the option of “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will see that the device will be rebooted.
- Please note that it may take more than 5 -6 minutes for applying the update and to reboot since it has to finalize all the app data etc. Once the device shows up the home screen, navigate to “Settings > About Phone” the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.2.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest Jellybean XXELKC Firmware which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.