Not just in the name, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Android smartphone too is ACTIVE and Samsung finally shoots the official Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS. So for all those who hate to wait can finally proceed and manually apply this latest firmware update in your device. After checking out on what are the essential list of instructions you need to follow to ready the device for applying the firmware, we will head up to the detailed guide which will help you update the device with this Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS. Just for your information, this Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS is dubbed as XXUCNE4 and can only be applied to the I9295 variant of Galaxy S4 Active.
Why to update with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS?
- Stock Apps have been reduced from 25 to 19,
- Samsung Knox has been upgraded,
- New Animation effects,
- New stock wallpapers of KitKat,
- Consumes lesser RAM,
- Improved Battery Life,
- Bug fixes and Stability additives etc.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Data in your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active should be backed up manually. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it may not help you restore the data till this update hits for your country.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 70% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Make sure to disable all the antivirus tools in your computer as it may hamper the process of firmware installation.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices as it may even permanently damage the device.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 Active with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS:
- Download Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to extract both the zip files to a folder on your desktop for easy discovery.
- Enter your Galaxy S4 Active in the Download Mode. By holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- If Galaxy S4 Active enters in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the download mode.
- Connect your tablet to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Assuming that Odin is opened in your computer and ID:COM section is Yellow/ Blue, click on “PDA”/ “AP” tab in the Odin to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- Navigate to the path “Settings > About Tablet” where you can check the version of firmware as Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS XXUCNE4 version.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S4 Active gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your tablet with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS. Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues while updating.