While we are hearing reports that XXUEMJ9 Firmware will soon be released officially in India in the form of Jellybean 4.3 update for Galaxy Note 2 via OTA, Galaxy S4 Users can now update the same build along with tons of good customizations right away. Compared to all firmwares, Wanamlite firmwares are much lighter and stable along with tons of customization options. So, before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions which will help you update the device, you will need to follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below.
- Call Recording
- 4 Ways Reboot (Reboot, Recovery, Hotboot, Download)
- Full Color/Transparency customization for Status bar and Notification drawer elements
- Secure Samsung Keyboard
- Option to keep “Add Call” button with Call recording menu
- Disable Camera shutter sound (+Screen Capture)
- Flashlight trough volume button UP
- Skip Music with Volume buttons
- Save Call Logs View
- Enable Keyboard Symbols
- Enable Hangouts Calls trough cellular
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Before proceeding to the next step, make sure that you have created a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Since this is a custom ROM firmware, make sure that your device is updated with XXUEMJ5 Firmware and is also rooted which can be checked from “Settings > About Phone” section. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, download the Root Checker app and check the same.
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”, you need to enable the same. Minimum battery life should be more than 50%.
- Just in case if the device is not rooted / not updated with the XXUEMJ5 Firmware, then you can either root / update with the same using the below respective links;
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Once you are done with the above mentioned instructions, head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide to update the Galaxy S4 with this Wanamlite custom ROM firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 with Jellybean 4.3 XXUEMJ9 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the
- Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy S4 can be entered by pressing Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Clear Cache” and “Wipe Data” options so that the data present in the device will be wiped off. After this, select “install zip from sd card” using the Volume Rocker keys and press the power button to select the zip file which you have placed in the device.
- Once selected, you will need to wait for the firmware to get applied in the device. Select the option of “go back” and “reboot system now” once the device is finished with this update. Please note that it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S4 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated with the latest Wanamlite Custom ROM Firmware of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS in your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.