Samsung of late has been in the news for not coming out with the firmware updates for its most of the devices. In the latest it’s still yet to provide full clarity on the Android L release details. So, in the latest, Samsung will very soon be coming out with the latest Kitkat 4.4.4 updates for Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5 along with other flagship devices of Galaxy Note. Afresh, Samsung has released an OTA update for Galaxy S4 device dubbed as XXUGNG3 and for all those who haven’t got the update, you can manually apply the update with the steps which we will be mentioning in the due course of this article.
This new version of firmware fixes most of the issues w.r.t the battery consumption and also the enterprise email as most of the users had issues about new email notification. This new version of XXUGNG3 also comes with the improved MODEM which will make sure that your data speeds are improved. Applying this firmware update won’t void the warranty in any manner.
After checking out the quick pre requisites below, we will head over to the detailed list of steps which will help you update the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data present including SMS, Call Log, Internet Settings, pictures etc.
- Battery level in your Galaxy S4 should be 50%+,
- Make sure that all the required drivers are installed in your computer
Once you have followed all the instructions, proceed to the next step for updating the device.
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 GT I9500 with Kitkat 4.4.2 OS:
- Once downloaded, you need to extract the same and open odin in your computer. Once connected, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow / Green depending upon the Odin version. If you don’t see ID: COM section turn some other color, then you need to install the drivers.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you have got after extracting the firmware package.
- Once you select the tar file, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Firmware update process will take around 3 -4 minutes and once updated, you will then have to wait for the device to reboot.
- Once the device is rebooted, you now need to then check the firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone”.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. Very soon we will be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares which will further improvise your experience in your Galaxy S4.