Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 Android smartphone can now be tasted with the official version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware. This new build of Kitkat 4.4.2 is now available for download in European countries and is dubbed as XXUFNAD. While this version of KITKAT comes with tons of new features and bug fixes, it seems to be a good long wait before you can update with this firmware. Earlier, there were few firmware versions of kitkat launched, but had sever issues in battery consumption. After checking out the quick list of pre requisites mentioned below, let’s head over to the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device with this firmware.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner as this is the official firmware released by Samsung and not the custom Rom firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Before proceeding, with the help of below mentioned manual steps, backup all your data present in your Galaxy S4. Make sure that you are not using KIES to create the backup of all the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S4 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S4 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device firmware with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Manual Update Galaxy S4 I9505 Android Phone with KitKat 4.4.2 XXUFNAD Android Firmware:
- Download KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S4 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “AP” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S4 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S4 Android smartphone. We will very soon be coming up with the rooting process for your Galaxy S4 I9505 on XXUFNAD firmware version of Kitkat 4.4.2.