Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 Android smartphone users can now delight as you can now manually update your device with the latest yet stable release of Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS. This update mainly focuses on the better RAM usage along with the bug fixes in terms of battery consumption. This update is dubbed as XXUBNB3 which ropes in the Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS. So before we slip on to the detailed guide which will help you update your Galaxy S4 mini, lets proceed on to know the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below.
Note: XXUBNB3 is the official Jellybean 4.2.2 Android release from Samsung in select countries. Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner or void the warranty.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data present in your device manually with the help of below mentioned steps and not the KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Navigate to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that the device is left with the minimum of 50% battery life to avoid device getting turned off in the middle of update process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s slip on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest jellybean 4.2.2 firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S4 Mini with Jellybean 4.2.2 XXUBNB3 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware package for Galaxy S4 mini from here to your computer along with the Odin. Once downloaded, extract both the packages and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy S4 mini so that it can then be entered in the Download Mode. To get your device in the download mode, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both buttons, switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the download mode.
- If your phone boots up in the normal mode, you need to again turn off the device and re try the process of entering the device in the download mode.
- Assuming Odin is opened in your computer, connect your phone in Download mode to computer with the help of original USB cable. Once you connect, you will note that ID:COM section will turn yellow/ green indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. If the drivers are not installed, you need to re install the same from official Samsung’s website.
- Once done, click on “AP” to choose the Firmware file which you got after extracting and click on “Start” to start the process of updating. It will take around a minute for updating the device. In some cases it may take even longer time than expected.
Note: Just in case if Galaxy S4 Mini gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest update of Jellybean 4.2.2 in your tablet which can be checked from the path “Settings > More > About Phone”. In coming days, we will also be checking out on what are the custom ROM firmwares based on Jellybean 4.2.2 and Kitkat 4.4.2. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issue.