Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H Android smartphone can now be manually updated with the latest Kitkat 4.4 Android OS. Just in case if you have earlier updated your device with any other custom Rom firmware or if due to some reason if you are unable to update the device automatically, you can make use of this tutorial to update your device with this latest firmware which is dubbed as XXU1ANG3. Very soon, Samsung will be pushing the official Kitkat 4.4.4 android update. This new firmware comes with numerous fixes which includes;
- Fix for WIFI drops,
- Force close issues in camera has been fixed,
- Overheating fix which was reported by some devices,
- Updated Samsung Apps,
- Enhanced security,
- Samsung Knox has been updated,
- New Features,
- Minor Bug fixes
So let’s check out on how you can apply this update manually. In coming days to come, we will also be checking out on how you can root this firmware version so to make the most out of it.
Note: This is the Official firmware update released by Samsung and not the custom ROM firmware. Applying this won’t root the device or void the warranty in any manner.
Catch!: At androidadvices, though we aspire to provide you World class guidance in flashing the ROMs, sometimes the result may not be desirable due to numerous reasons. To make firmware upgrade process smoother, we recommend you to follow all the instructions properly.
Quick Pre Requisites:
>>Backup all the data present in your Galaxy S5 with the help of apps like;
- SMS Backup and Restore,
- Call Log and Backup & Restore,
>>Battery left in your device should be equal or more than 50% to facilitate smoother firmware update.
>>Make sure that you are making use of the original USB cable.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up the instructions to help you update the device.
Guide to Update Galaxy S5 G900H with XXU1ANG3 Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS:
- Download Odin from here to your computer along with the firmware zip package. Once downloaded, you need to unzip the same in your computer. Make sure that you are not extracting the tar file twice or you will not be able to use the same.
- Turn off your Galaxy S5 so that it can be entered in the Downlod Mode. Download Mode in Galaxy S5 can be entered by holding the Home + Volume Down and holding these 2 keys, press the Power button to turn ON the device in the Download mode.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S5 to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see the ID:COM section turning Blue/ Yellow.
- Now, click on “AP” button to select the firmware file which you got upon extraction. Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F:Reset Time options are ticked.
- Click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted on its own.
- Once the device is rebooted, you can check the firmware version from the path “Settings > More” and Firmware version from About Device.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S5 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.