Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Android smartphone users need not feel dejected as in this article we will be checking out on how you can make the most of your android device. Since Galaxy Y android phone is a low end smartphone, Samsung couldn’t roll out the Jellybean 4.2 update for Galaxy Y smartphone, but all thanks to the makers of custom ROMs. After checking out the detailed list of pre requisites mentioned below, we will be checking out the detailed instructions with which you can upgrade the device with the Jellybean looks and functionalities. This custom ROM firmware is dubbed as XDuosV3.
- Fully Deodexed
- Pre rooted
- Init.d support
- Nano text editor
- Busybox installed
- Bash shell support
- Updated all apps
- Pre-installed Link2sd
- Audio Fx for music equalizer
- AdAway as hosts or ad blocker
- Bluetooth, Wifi and GPS fixed
- Themed 15 Toggle Statubar
- Swipe to remove notification
- Almost themed all apps
- Themed widgets
- Modded stock launcher
- Transparent lockscreen as default
- 4-way boot
- New 3D bootanimation of XDV3
- New fonts
- New User Interface
- Signature verification off for system apps
- Android 4.1 ringtones and sounds
- Change Default Icons…
- OTA update support
- Multi CSC support
Note: This is the custom ROM firmware & not the official firmware released by Samsung.
Quick pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Y GT-S5360 device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device till this firmware is rolled out in your country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. If your phone is not rooted, with the help of below step you can root your Galaxy Y S5360.
Assuming that you have rooted the device, you now need to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed instructions with which you can update your device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Y S5360 with XDuosV3 ROM Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.2 Styled Firmware from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place two zip files in your device.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can in Galaxy Y can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, in recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that all the cache data will be cleared.
- Up next you need to select “install zip from sd card” and choose the Jellynoid Custom ROM Firmware Package which you have placed in your phone along with thge Google Apps package. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, you will get to see the message “install from sd card complete” and then select “go back” with the help of volume rocker keys and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device ion the normal mode. The whole process of firmware update might take around 4 – 5 minutes.
Tip: If your Galaxy Y S5360 doesn’t power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and then re try the process of firmware update by following the above steps.
So there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest firmware of Jellynoid Jellybean firmware in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.