Parandroid custom ROM firmware which ropes in the tablet mode user interface for the smartphone is now available for Samsung Galaxy SII GT I9100 smartphone. In the process of applying this update, you will have to root the device and once the device is rooted, the warranty will get lost. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re-updating the device with any of the stock Firmware. Please note that, this firmware is not an official firmware released by Samsung Electronics. In the process of this article, we will be checking about on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow, screen captures on how this custom ROM firmware and then followed by which we will be checking out on what is the detailed guide on how to apply this update.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
This firmware is one of the stable builds, but if at all you face any bugs then do let us know in the comments section as we will convey the same to the developer.
Change Log of Parandroid v1.1:
- Fixed navbar on phone mode, and now doesn’t removes statusbar transparency
- Fixed Utils.isScreenLarge() method, now it checks for LCD Density, wich reduces % of error to 0
- Improved panel a LOT, including a cool action bar for saving or discarding changes
- force pad feature implemented, now you can resize widgets
- Added more descriptive strings to panel
- Added customizable toggles for tablet mode. You can choose now between 8 toggles, and a max
- of 6 of them.
- Removed some battery styles, and HC lock screen, searching for a common base
Screen Captures of Parandroid Custom ROM for Galaxy SII:
- We highly recommend to back up all the below mentioned data so that just in case if the data gets wiped or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So let’s proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Pages: 1 2