More than your imagination and may be more than Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 version too! Are you ready for it? We too are ready, in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can turn your Galaxy SL I9003 smartphone into a super phone with an all new custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as MIUI v10 2.3.16. This custom ROM firmware bundles all the famous features like SONY’s Bravia Engine, Sony XCloud, beats Audio and Apps to SD features which are always a HOT favorite for Android users.
Please note that this firmware is not released by Samsung Electronics Ltd. and also there won’t be any ICS Android 4.0 firmware for Galaxy SL I9003 Officially. Since it’s a custom ROM firmware and is still in the beta stages, there will be some bugs which will be addressed in the coming days.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Change Log of MIUI v10 2.3.16:
- MIUI Version updated to 2.3.16
- Included Vurrut V4 Kernel
- Add VMdirty
- Change sysctl values
- Add Priority to Launcher, phone, status bar
- Add extended status bar settings
- 2G & 3G
- BLN (Light buttons Notification)
- All sensors
- USB tethering
- Video and Audio
- Calls and Sms.
- Internal and external SD
- All MIUI UI and APPS
So, in the process of this article we will also be checking out on the things which work with this firmware along with the detailed pre requisites and tutorial on how to apply this firmware in your phone. Hotspot and Radio doesn’t work by default but for these things we will come out in the separate article which will help you to activate these things in your phone.
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update snce it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Ensure that you are on the Rooted firmware of XXKPQ. Just in case if you are not on the rooted firmware, then you will have to update and root the same by following the below mentioned steps,
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up detailed tutorial on how to apply this update of MIUI 2.3.16.
Pages: 1 2