IMM76D, the latest Android’s ICS 4.0.4 Firmware now has been customized for the users Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and with this customization, one can easily make use of this Rom in their Samsung Galaxy S. In the due course of this article we will be checking gout the same. From the last few days there was a serious need of an all new stable custom ROM firmware yet the latest and this Beta 9 release caters the same to a certain extent. Please be informed that this is not an Official firmware version released by Samsung Electronics. We recommend you to follow all the instructions mentioned in this article so as to ensure that this firmware is updated successfully.
In the process of this article we will check the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with a detailed article on what is the detailed procedure on how to apply this update with a detailed tutorial in the next page. For your convenience we have also posted the images on how this firmware will look like in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. This firmware will rope in the latest ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.
Features of IMM76D for Galaxy S:
– ZipAligned & Deodexed
– Optimized framework .jar & .apk
– Integrated Gmail & GTalk
– Toogles via CWM
– SD in PC
– T9 Dialer via CWM
– GPS Fix
– Google Launcher
– FaceUnlock via CWM
– JVU modem
– More RAM mem
– Sim contacts import fix
– Change 2G/3G perfect.
– Bars coverage perfect .
– Perfect Airplane Mode.
– TimeZone perfect
– GAPPS must be added http://www.htcmania.com/showpost.php…59&postcount=9
– Fix H /3G in StatusBar automatic -better batt- (I don’t know what means)
– Add spn-config by alonso_c (I don’t know what means)
– Fix FC apps GPS, sport, etc..
– Integrated and optimized drivers 3D for games (Thanks to Chainfire)
– Last patch for virtual operators “r” (alonso_c)
– Build.prop (gsm signal)
– Mod Build.prop for Spirit FM
– Even smoother and faster system
– Mod media-profiles (720p)
– Deep Sleep integrated (Reedited Framework-res.apk, .jar, services.jar)
– Eliminated TitaniumBack due to conflict in the installation with PRO version
– Facebook Sync perfectly
– Host file (Adv blockage)
– Integrated TTS
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Rooting Information: For applying this IMM76D 4.0.4 update, you need to root the device and once you root the device, the warranty will get lost. The only way with which you can regain the lost warranty is by reapplying the update of XXJVU by following the corresponding instructions.
Let’s head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow.
- Download the IMM76D Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer.
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the KIES won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted firmwares.
Special Instructions to Users on Custom ROM Firmware:
- It’s very important for you to be on the XXJVU Firmware, it’s not recommended to update from your current custom ROM firmware to this IMM76D ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. Ensure that you disable the Lag fixes if any installed from the recovery mode. You also need to ensure that the Dalvik Cache in your phone too is wiped off so as to ensure that just in case if any data cache is there that too is wiped off completely.
- The Galaxy S I9000 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the IMM76D ICS 4.0.4 release is summed up.