Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Assuming that you have downloaded the ICS IMM76D build package from here to your computer, you now need to connect your phone to computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in the device’s SD Card.
- Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the device and once placed, remove the connected USB cable and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Enter the recovery mode in your Galaxy S GT I9000 by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device. Once you enter into the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache which is there in your device.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” > “ICS IMM76D 4.0.4 build Zip package”. It may take up to 10 minutes to process the update file.
- As soon as the update is applied successfully, the phone will again land up in the recovery mode where you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
For Users Facing Force Close Errors:
- Turn off your device so that it can then be entered in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache after which select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” which will restart the Galaxy S.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of the latest ICS Android 4.0.4 IMM76D Firmware in your Galaxy S GT I9000. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.