Samsung Galaxy Star Pro with dual SIM card slot (GT-S7262) can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 Android OS which comes officially from Samsung. Dubbed as XXUANC1, this update is available for regions India, Bangladesh, Nepal & Sri Lanka. This firmware comes with the stability fixes, Jellybean features along with many other minor UI changes. Unfortunately, citing hardware limitations Samsung might not launch / delay the launch of Kitkat 4.4 android OS for this device. So let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites mentioned below before we slip into the detailed instructions which will help you update the device.
Note: XXUANC1 is the official firmware update released by Samsung for Galaxy Star Pro. Applying this official release manually won’t void the warranty or root the device in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Star Pro (GT-S7262) needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. You need to back up all the data manually with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Galaxy Star Pro (GT-S7262) so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that the device is left with the minimum of 50% battery life to avoid device getting turned off in the middle of update process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy Star Pro (GT-S7262) due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s slip on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Star Pro (GT-S7262) with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the appropriate firmware package from below to your computer along with the Odin. Once downloaded, extract both the packages and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy Star Pro so that it can then be entered in the Download Mode. To get your device in the download mode, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both buttons, switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the download mode.
- If your phone boots up in the normal mode, you need to again turn off the device and re try the process.
- Assuming Odin is opened in your computer, connect your phone in Download mode to computer with the help of original USB cable. Once you connect, you will note that ID:COM section will turn yellow/ green indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. If the drivers are not installed, you need to re install the same from official Samsung’s website.
- Once done, click on “AP” to choose the Firmware file which you got after extracting and click on “Start” to start the process of updating. It will take around a minute for updating the device. In some cases it may take even longer time than expected.
Note: Just in case if Galaxy Star Pro gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest update of Jellybean 4.1.2 in your tablet which can be checked from the path “Settings > More > About Phone”. In coming days, we will also be checking out on what are the custom ROM firmwares based on Jellybean 4.1.2 and Kitkat 4.4.2. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issue.