Manual Update Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 with Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware – Guide
It’s time to update your Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 Android tablet with the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android OS. The best part of this firmware is that it comes with the much needed feature bump along with the latest state of the art features of Bluetooth 3.0 along with the Open GL ES 3.0 Standard support. Though, as of now this update is not yet announced officially, you can apply this update manually via this custom ROM firmware. So, before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions to update, proceed to install the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Android 4.3 Jellybean Features for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
– Real Dark theme
– Notification drawer and lock screen shortcuts
– Customisable Quick Settings tiles
– SlimPie launcher
– Built-in SlimBean ROM OTA Updater
– Bloatware free system
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device in the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your Galaxy Tab is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you need to root the same.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
So assuming that you have backed up the data, rooted the device and battery is above 40%, its time to now proceed to head over to the detailed instructions which will update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 with Jellybean 4.3 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy Tab to the computer with original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- After copying the zip files, disconnect the device and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy Tab 2 can be entered by Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- Once the device enters in the recovery mode, select “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Data” in the recovery mode. After this, select “install zip from sd card” and choose the firmware zip file followed by which you need to select the Google Apps Package.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied successfully, select “go back” and choose “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.