How to update Galaxy Vibrant with Ex ROM 1.3 Custom ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
Samsung Vibrant users can now make the most out of their devices as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest custom ROM of Ex ROM 1.3 which is not just faster but also a smoother firmware compared with any other firmware. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on what are the features of this custom ROM firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Please note that this firmware is not released by Samsung Electronics Ltd. and also there won’t be any ICS Android 4.0 firmware for Galaxy Vibrant Officially. Please note that since this firmware is in the beta stages, there will be some bugs which will be addressed in the coming days. In the process of this update, we will also be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with the detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Core Features of Ex ROM 1.3 ICS 4.0.4:
- Android 4.0.4
- ZipAligned & Deodexed
- Optimized framework .jar & .apk .
- Based on Elite from here. Thanks artikeln !
- Video Record at 720p without blinks.
- Kernel subZero. Back to BUILD#5 for speed and stable. Thanks Mr. Psycho
- GPS files from here. (But still get deep sleep issue)
- Some tweaks (I dont remember that ! )
- Update market to Google Play.
- Include some necessary apps.
- Apex launcher is default.
- Add wallpapers from Passion ROM. Thanks Passion Team
- More RAM mem
- Optimized Services.jar
- Restore fix
- Sim contacts import fix
- Modem Nexus S KF1
- 2G/3G perfect.
- Bars coverage perfect .
- Perfect Airplane Mode.
- Ensure that the device is rooted and the custom recovery image is already installed in the phone.
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update since it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this custom ROM firmware in your phone.