Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 users can now rejoice as an all new firmware version has arrived which is the Value Pack 2.3.6 Firmware version dubbed as DDLJ1. This firmware is the Official Value Pack for the users of India but any one across the globe can apply with this latest release as it’s an unlocked firmware. So, to make your things simpler, we have mentioned below a detailed tutorial along with the guide on how to apply with this firmware update. Please be noted that after applying this update, the warranty won’t be lost and also applying this update doesn’t mean that your phone will get rooted as it’s the official firmware.
This new firmware not just comes with a host of new features, it also fixes all the bugs related to the camera and force close errors in most of the games which is no less than a delight. Unfortunately, there will be no more updates of jellybean for Galaxy Y DUOS S6102 but yes, developers are working hard to come up with the update which we will be tracking the same.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to create a backup of all the data so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Please note that you should not use KIES or ROM Manager app for backing up the data as it may not be able to restore the data in the newer DDLJ1 firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Battery level should not be below 35% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Also, all antivirus tools in your computer should be turned Off as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware update. USB Read / Write should be there and you should have admin privileges in your computer.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
As soon as you are done with the above mentioned steps, you now need to head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update easily.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 with Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download Odin3v1.87 and Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the packages to your desktop.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn Off your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- The Download mode in your Galaxy Y Duos S6102 can be entered by pressing and holding the Volume Down rocker key + Home Button and Press the Power button. Just in case of the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to try the key combinations again.
- Once the device gets into the download mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and in Odin, click on “PDA” to select “S6102DDLJ1_S6102ODDLJ1_S6102DDLJ1_HOME.tar.md5” and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- Once you have selected the file, it will take a minute for applying the update. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, Galaxy Y Duos S6102 will be rebooted and once you see the Language preference option, you can disconnect the device and enjoy the same.
- To check on whether your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 has been successfully updated or not, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will read as “DDLJ1 Gingerbread 2.3.6” firmware.
- Just in case if you wish to root your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102, then with the help of below step, you can root as well as unroot Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 easily.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you come across any issues in the process of this update as we will try our level best to address the same.