Gionee has been consistent in updating its smartphones present in India, for the last couple of months company has upgraded operating system of Pioneer P4, Elife E7 Mini, Elife S5.5, and now it arrives on Marathon M2. The device will be jumping from the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean to the Android 4.4 KitKat. With this latest software update, the device will be getting an all new desktop layout and three local languages support, which is a big thing for Indian consumers.
Here is the list of major change logs done for the Gionee Marathon M2:
- Device upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat
- Added 3 Local Indian Languages; Hindi, Gujarati and Punjabi
- New Desktop layout
- Added TouchPal input method for faster and more efficient typing experience
- Updated Amigo Wallpaper with a brand new UI design
- Updated Game Zone with a new UI design
- Updated Gionee Xender for optimized performance and further improved the linking success rate
- Updated UC browser with optimized UI and page loading effects
- Updated NQ Mobile Security for better protection of your phone
- Updated KingSoft office for more efficient work and study related operations
- Added two games; Hitout Heroes and Boyaa TexasPoker
- Updated WeChat with a new interactive interface for smoother communication
- Updated Saavn for a more enjoyable musical experience
- Removed V9 search
- Updated map to only one entrance into the main menu
- Theme and wallpaper will be reset to default after system update, but data will not be lost. Simply re-apply chosen theme and wallpaper
- Added lock screen functionality
Note : This update will remove the V9 search from your Gionee device, while you can enjoy the new design layout and local languages support, which is included with this system update.
Gionee has been upgrading its device not via OTA (over-the-air) updates, but rather users need to have to go the service centers to update their device. Though, it isn’t possible for every user to go to these service centers, which might not be in the vicinity of their area. For those users, we have posted the step-by-steps tutorial on how to upgrade your Gionee Marathon M2 device to Android KitKat OS.
Note : We recommend you to back up your data on your Gionee device before proceeding to the following steps.
How to update your Gionee Marathon M2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat:
- First you need to make sure that you have downloaded the Android Driver and SP Flash Tool.
- Only download the Firmware based on your Gionee M2 model (4GB OR 8GB).
- Now Unzip the downloaded files using softwares like WinZip or WinRAR, as it is required.
- Install the Android Driver application on your PC.
- Now immediately disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Go to the folder named “Flash Tool” and open the application file named “Flash_tool”.
- Select the option Scatter-loading on the running Flash tool.
- Now select the file named “MT6592_Android_scatter” from the firmware folder you see.
- You need to connect your Gionee M2 to your PC via USB cable, and then switch it on.
- Click on the Firmware-Upgrade option on the top to initiate the upgrade.
- The upgrade process will be initiated and you would be able to see the percent completion of process.
- Once, its 100 percent, a window will pop, showing you green circle and above written “Firmware Upgraded”.
- Now disconnect your phone from PC, as the device will be restarted, if not done automatically, then switch on it manually.
- Congratulations, now you are using Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS on your Gionee Marathon M2.
And if you have updated your device, then let us know if you have noticed any other (except from the above change-log) tweaks done by Gionee. If you have any queries regarding this Kitkat update, we will be happy to answer that.