HTC One M7 Android smartphone users can now rejoice as you can now update the latest version of Lollipop Android 5.0.2 OS. For all those who are still on the KitKat 4.4.4 Android OS can now upgrade the Android experience. Unfortunately, there is still no clarity on by when HTC will be coming out with the Lollipop 5.0.2 Android OS, but all thanks to the Liquid Smooth ROM developers. Please note that this is the custom ROM firmware and not the Official firmware OS update from HTC. So let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware update in your HTC device.
Features of Lollipop 5.0.2 Android OS:
- Built in SuperSu
- Quick settings toggle
- Network traffic status bar toggle
- Double Tap 2 sleep status bar
- Status bar brightness control
- Show clock & date
- Clock/Date color
- Clock position > center/left/right
- Show/hide am/pm
- Show/hide date
- Ad blocker
- LCD density
- V4A Audio in settings
- Ambient display
- Volume wake
- Immersive mode toggle
- Notification light length and speed
- Advanced power menu
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all the data present in your HTC One device manually and not with the HTC Sync or any other tools as it is the custom ROM firmware.
- As this is the custom ROM, download “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. This firmware update can only be updated on the rooted device.
- Navigate to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” to enable the same and also make sure that your HTC One device has a minimum of 50% battery life.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update HTC One with Lollipop 5.0.2 Android OS:
- Download Google Apps package and Lollipop 5.0.2 Android OS for HTC One device. Once done, connect your device to the computer na place the 2 files your device.
- Now, copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the fastboot / bootloader mode. While pressing the Volume Down button, you need to power on the device.
- In fastboot mode in your HTC One, navigate to “android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory” in your computer and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Now, enter the below mentioned commands one after other;
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now, you need to follow the on screen instructions and select the boot loader and choose to boot the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” to choose the firmware zip file and then the Google Apps package. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once done, you need to follow the onscreen instructions for updating the device. Once done, select “+++Go Back+++” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. So there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest version of firmware.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of updating your device with this latest Lollipop 5.0.2 Android firmware.