Having an HTC Aria smartphone? Then we have just got an update for you. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to apply the latest custom ROM firmware of MIUI ICS Custom ROM firmware. In the process of this article, we will not only be checking the things which work in this article but also a detailed list of pre requisites you need to follow along with the detailed tutorial on how to update with the same. Please note that this is not an official firmware version released by HTC and also there is no ETA on by when there will be an official update released by HTC.
Since this custom ROM firmware is a beta firmware, there will be some issues but as soon as if any fix arrives, we will surely update you with the same. For your convenience, we have also mentioned the screen captures on how this custom ROM firmware will look like once installed in your phone.
Caution: This update is STRICTLY for the users of HTC Aria smartphone only, this one should not be applied by the users of any other similar smartphones.
- Miui Apps
- Capticive buttons (with backlight)
- Market downloads
- Notification light
- Overclocking with set cpu
- Phone radio (calling, sms, data)
- Sensors (light, proximity, rotation, acceleration, compass)
- Sound & Mic
- Touchscreen (with multitouch)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- Vibration & Haptic feedback
- busy box
- S2E > Boot into recovery and mount sd ext
- MIUI music player (Partially and will causes FC)
- Stock web browser
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the HTC Sync won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted firmwares.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Aria from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the MIUI ICS release is summed up.