Procedure to Update HTC Aria with ICS Android 4.0 MIUI Firmware:
- Download the ICS 4.0 Firmware from here to your computer and then all you need to do is to connect your phone with the computer so that the zip file can be placed in the device’s internal memory. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the device.
- Once you copy the same, you need to then turn off the device so that it can be then entered in the boot loader mode.
- The Boot loader mode in HTC Aria can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Please note that just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode, you need to again try entering into the boot loader mode.
- Once you select the file, it may take up to 3 – 4 minutes to apply this update in your phone. As soon as the firmware is applied successfully, either the phone will be rebooted automatically or will again land up in the recovery mode screen.
- If the device enters in the recovery mode screen, you need to now select the option of “++++ Go Back ++++” and choose the option of “reboot system now”. As soon as the phone is rebooted, you are on the latest MIUI ICS Firmware version.
Tip: Just in case if due to some reasons if the rooting process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process for applying the update. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of ICS MIUI Firmware in your HTC Aria smartphone.