HTC One V CDMA smartphone users can now stop using the boring same stock interface as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily upgrade the existing firmware to the latest AOKP based Jellybean firmware 4.1 version. Unfortunately there is no exact date on by when there will be an Official firmware of Jellybean built will be there but all thanks to the recognized XDA developer for coming up with this update. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can install this update but before that you will need to go through some simple pre requisites mentioned so as to safely update the firmware. This update comes with all the features of Jellybean 4.1.1 and overall UI resembles the same as that of the Galaxy NEXUS powered by Jellybean 4.1 firmware.
Caution: This update is STRICTLY for HTC ONE V CDMA device and not for the GSM version of the device. If you apply this update to the GSM version then there is a possibility that it will be bricked.
In the process of applying this AOKP build of firmware, the data present in your device might get corrupted or lost, so you will have to ensure that you have created a backup of all the data present in the device. Once you have created a backup of all the data present in your device, connect device to the computer and transfer all the backup files to your computer.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Minimum battery level should not be less than 40% or else phone will get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Its preferred to turn Off or disable all the antivirus suites present in your phone so that it won’t interrupt the process of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Features of AOKP Custom ROM for HTC One V:
- WiFi hotspot
- Clock FCs at times
- Camera on lockscreen just goes to a black camera
- Auto Brightness
- If Play Store doesn’t work on first boot, go into Settings>Apps>All and clear data on Play Store and Google Frameworks Services
Screen Captures of AOKP Firmware for ONE V:
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions carefully, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update CDMA HTC One V with AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update:
- Download the AOKP for CDMA One V Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer using the USB cable and place this zip file in your device.
- Now, check whether your phone is rooted or not with the help of an app called “Root Checker” from Google PLAY Store. If its not rooted, you will have to root your HTC One V CDMA version as this is a custom ROM firmware and for applying this update, you will have to root the same.
- To enter HTC One V in the recovery mode, turn Off the device. Press and hold the Volume Down button and press the Power button for turning the device in the Recovery mode. If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to again try by following the above steps. Just in case if the ROM Manager is installed, you can enter by selecting the option of “Reboot into Recovery mode” in the ROM Manager app which can be found in Google PLAY Store.
- Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the “AOKP Firmware Package” which you placed in the device and then the Google Apps Package. After selecting the zip package, it will take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying this update.
- As soon as the device will be landing back in the recovery mode. Select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device. To check on whether the firmware has been updated successfully or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version”.
Note: Just in a rare case if your HTC One V CDMA device doesn’t boot up or say if it refuses to how up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn it Off and re try the whole process of applying the update again after clearing the cache and wiping the data from the recovery mode.
So that’s it, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply the update of AOKP release in your HTC ONE V CDMA version.. Don’t forget to share with us in the comments section on how the overall experience was as we will be more than happy to listen from you.