How to Update HTC One S with Cyanogen Mod 10 based Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
Procedure to Update HTC One S with the Unofficial Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer along with the Google Apps Package. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two files in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the files deep into the subfolders or else the file won’t be detected in the recovery mode.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Boot loader mode in HTC One S can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode.
- In the boot loader mode, you need to select “recovery” so as to enter into the recovery mode. Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean Firmware Package & Google Apps Package which you have placed in the device.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update. Once the device is updated, the device will land up in the recovery mode screen. Select “Go Back” and select “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: Just in case if your HTC One S gets stuck on the HTC Logo or say gets stuck on the firmware application process, then long press the Power button and turn off the device to start applying the update again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will make sure to sort out the same at the earliest. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated the device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware version.