How to Update HTC Desire with Alex V 1.8 Custom ROM Firmware
HTC Desire users can now apply the latest version of Alex V 1.8 Gingerbread Sense HD ROM firmware in your phone. This custom ROM firmware is based on the latest AOSP build which comes with less number of bugs. Please be informed that this is not an Official firmware released by HTC and also we don’t have any ETA on by when the Official ICS Android 4.0 firmware version will be released. Full Credits to Alex V who has developed this firmware. In the process of this article, we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with the screen captures on how this ROM will look like followed by which we have detailed the instructions to apply this update in the next page.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of Alex V Custom ROM Firmware:
Ace S 2.36.405.8 WWE base, Gingerbread 2.3.3 android
NEW Sense 2.1
Available Freqs: CPU interactive, smartass, powersave, ondemand, and many more
CRT TV Lockscreen Animation
Lockscreen app Sense 3.0 (Kingdom)
USB Menu Sense 3.0
Videocamera 720p FULLY WORKING, by snq-
Wake UP from Trackpad
Power controls in notification bar.
Adobe Flash 10.3
List Host block & list apn
Superuser Permissions 126.96.36.199 by ChainsDD
Disabled Boot Sound HTC.
Supported Languages Languages: English, Chinese, Arabic (no completo), Czech, German, Espanol, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Norwegian, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Vietnamese, Thai
Let’s head to the next section where we have mentioned the detailed list of pre requisites which you need to follow.
- Data present in your device should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use HTC Sync to back up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Desire from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Your HTC Desire should be rooted before you proceed to apply this firmware in your phone.
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you now need to proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update of Alex V Gingerbread 2.3 based custom ROM firmware.