How to Update HTC Desire with Alex V 1.8 Custom ROM Firmware
Procedure to Update HTC Desire S Alex V Gingerbread based Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Desire S Alex V Custom ROM firmware package & Radio from here to your computer. Once you download, connect your phone to the computer and place both the downloaded zip files in your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and turn Off the phone so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in htc Desire can be entered by pressing the Volume Down button + Power Button till you see the recovery mode screen on your phone.
- Once the recovery mode is entered, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Alex V Custom ROM Firmware Package and then select the Radio. As soon as you select the file, it will take up to 5 minutes to update the same in your device
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will land up in the recovery mode screen where you need to select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
- Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device. Upon seeing the home screen, disconnect the phone and enjoy the phone on this latest firmware.
- To install the latest version of HBoot, you need to first up download the Hboot image from here to your compute and put the same in the platform-tools or tools folder. Turn Off your phone and enter the device in the recovery mode.
- You now need to select the HBoot option in the recovery mode of your htc desire and connect your phone with the computer.
- Open the command prompt in your computer and ensuring that the ADB is already installed in your computer, you now need to key in the command as,
fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl_387-10-40.img
- Upon executing the above command, enter another command as,
fastboot erase cache
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Alex V Custom ROM firmware in your phone. do let us know in the comments section below as we will try to address the same at the earliest.