How to Update HTC Desire with Android Revolution HD Custom ROM firmware
HTC might have ignored the ICS power to its Desire HD smartphone but the developers haven’t. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to apply the latest beta release which is quite stable firmware version of Gingerbread 2.3 with Sense UI 3.0. Over a period of coming days there will be checking out more custom ROM firmwares which will further empower your device. Please note that this is not an official firmware version released by HTC and also we have no clue as of now on by when there will be an official firmware of ICS Android 4.0 will be arriving.
Disclaimer: We, Android Advices should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your device after following the instructions which is very unlikely just in case if you follow the instructions properly.
Over a period of this article, we will also check out on what are the
Features & Enhancements:
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full Andreno200 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions – Thanks to ChainsDD)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- SD Card speed tweak
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Battery auto-calibration script (Thanks to seo)
- Bloatware applications removed (Amazon MP3, SoundHound, etc.)
- All system applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Device partitions mounted & formatted as fast EXT4 file system instead of EXT3
- SD card EXT4 partition support
- 4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82)
- A lot of themes made for my ROM & plenty of extras like Advanced Power Menu or CRT in the second post
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
Pre Firmware Update Instructions:
- Backup all the data which is there in your phone so that the same can be restored just in case if any data is lost or corrupted. We have mentioned the quick list of things which you need to follow so as to backup or restore the data which is there in your phone.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Up next is you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone which can be done from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. USB Debugging option should be ticked. Also, along with this ensure that the device is left with the charge with a minimum of 60%.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update with a detailed tutorial.