Last time we saw on how you can install the beautiful MIUI ROM on the Samsung Mesmerize handset now and now it’s time for all those who are owning HTC Desire S to install this beautiful looking MIUI ROM. This ROM has been built by the Chinese developers and we must say that this ROM infuses a whole new fresh interface on your Android device and not only that but also comes along with the host of other feature sets which makes this Custom ROM better than the Stock ROM. The best part of this ROM is that it’s very simple to install and apply the same on your phone.
Please note that once the firmware is successfully upgraded then you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings. Also, we hold no responsibility if anything goes wrong which is an unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully which are mentioned below.
Please note that this update of MIUI should be applied only to the HTC Desire handsets which are not locked on to the specific networks as still if you proceed to update your carrier locked device then there is a high probability that you may end up either bricking up your device or say locking of the device for which we should not be held responsible in any manner. Also, additionally its recommended that first you follow the instructions and then proceed for applying the same on your phone.
Pre Upgrade instructions:
- Before proceeding you will have to make sure that you have rooted the HTC Desire S and also kindly note that after rooting the device you will lose the warranty though it can be reclaimed once you un root the phone which is quite possible.
- Once you have rooted the phone you will have to proceed to install the Clock Work Mod in your Desire S which can be done by downloading and installing the ROM Manager from the Android Market Place.
- Once the CWM is installed you can now follow with the rest of the instructions which are mentioned below.
- ensure that you have synced all your contacts with your Google Account, all sms, applications, videos and music files which are there in your phone should be taken a backup or else the data will be lost. Anything which is in SD card will not be lost, so you can alternatively move to SD Card.
- Next up remove the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in your phone, just to make sure that in an unlikely event the data in it doesn’t get corrupted,
- Ensure that you have kept original USB cable handy which you have got with your HTC Desire S,
- Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updating of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
- Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
Also, last but not the least, ensure that you need to S-Off your HTC Desire S and also needs to be rooted with the Clock Work MOD Recovery installed which can be done by downloading the “ROM Manager” application from the Android Market Place.
Pages: 1 2