Procedure to install HTC Sense 3.0 Gingerbread 2.3.5 OTA 2.10.401.5:
- Now, assuming that you have followed all the instructions which are mentioned above, you now need to proceed to download the HTC Desire S OTA Zip file from here to your computer. Once you download the same, you now need to connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Ensure that you don’t modify or rename the zip file which you downloaded or else there is a high probability that this file may not be recognized. Now, copy the zip file as it is into the device and after copying, remove the connected USB cable and turn off the device so that you can then enter into the recovery mode.
- To enter into the recovery mode, you need to press the volume Down Key and simultaneously press the Power button. After which you will get to see the screen which is mentioned below.
- Now, you will have to select the option of “Clear Storage” which you can select by using the Volume down key and pressing the Power button so that all the data in the phone is cleared off completely and then select “Recovery”.
- Now, in the recovery mode you need to select “backup and restore” so that you can back up the current ROM which is there in the device so that just in case if you wish to revert back to the original firmware then you can do so.
- Once you are done with the backup process, you now need to select the option of “Install Zip from SD Card”, “Choose Zip from SD Card” and then select the zip file which is named as “”.
- So as soon as you select the Zip file, the firmware update process will be started and within a time of around 5 – 6 minutes the firmware will be updated successfully. Once the firmware update process is done, you will again be landed back to the recovery mode. In the recovery mode now select “++++ Go Back ++++” to get back to the main menu and then choose to “reboot system now” to restart the phone.
So, in this way you have successfully updated your phone with the latest Gingerbread OTA 2.3.5 release. Just in case if you want to include the language options of Arabic and Hebrew then you can follow the below add on step so as to get it installed on your HTC Desire S.
Arabic and Hebrew Patch:
- To Install the Arabic as well as the Hebrew patch in your phone, you first need to download the Arabic & hebrew Zip Package in your computer and then move this zip file to your phone by connecting the phone with the computer using the USB cable. After this you need to turn off the phone and then you need to enter your phone in the recovery mode. To enter into the recovery mode, you need to press the volume Down Key and simultaneously press the Power button.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select the option of “recovery” to get into the recovery mode and then select “Install Zip from SD Card”, “Choose Zip from SD Card” and then select the zip file which is named as “”.
So, once you select the file you will see that the flashing process is started. Once the process is done, select “++++ Go Back ++++” to get back to the main menu and then choose to “reboot system now” to restart the phone.
In this way you have successfully installed the Arabic and the Hebrew package in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the issues.