HTC Desire HD users can now easily update their devices with the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 7.1. In the last few days we have seen on how you root the devices, apply the update of custom ROMs for your Desire HD and now we are here with this Cyanogen Mod rom. Just in case if you don’t know on what exactly the Cyanogen Mod is, it’s basically a custom ROM which is developed by the Team Cyanogen in association with a league of ROM developers. The need for this Cyanogen mod is that it brings in the latest Gingerbread 2.3.7 version of firmware which till now hasn’t come in the Stock firmware version or is either launched by HTC Officially. Also, soon the Cyanogen Mod 7.2 version will be rolled out which too we will be featuring on AndroidAdvices.com very soon.
Caution: Applying this update in your phone will require you to root the phone and will eventually void the warranty of the phone. To get back or to regain the warranty you will have to reapply the stock update and also you will need to re lock the boot loader. We should not be held responsible for the loss of warranty.
Features / Enhancements of Cyanogen Mod 7.1 ROM:
- AOSP Kernel based on Stock 2.3.7 Gingerbread
- Stock version of Kernel 126.96.36.199,
- Cyan colored interface with stylized icon sets and improved range of Cyanogen Wallpapers,
- Better battery life optimization with this Custom ROM,
- Supports the latest Android Market Place 3.3.12,
- Comes with the better app management tools and facilities as it supports many folder lock applications which was not there earlier
- Increases the quadrant rank by a whopping up to 30%,
Also, there is a news that soon there will be an all new version of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 version of firmware which will be developed by none other than the Cyanogen Mod and it will be released in the first half of 2012 and will be dubbed as Cyanogen MOD 9.
So, now let’s proceed to the list of pre Requisistes which you need to follow and then followed by the procedure to apply this firmware update of Cyanogen Mod 7.1.
Quick Pre Requisistes:
- All the data which is there in your phone memory may get either corrupted or may get erased, so it’s important to create a backup of the same. You can easily backup and restore all the data by referring to the below mentioned links.
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
- After this, enable the USB Debugging in your phone which you can do from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Next, download the HTC Sync Drivers in your phone and then install the same in your Windows based computer (Linux and Mac based systems are not compatible as of now). Also, disable the fast boot from the path of “Settings > Power > Fast boot”
- Ensure that the device is left with a minimum of 60% of battery charge so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the rooting process. Also, disable all the tools like Antivirus, Firewall and PC Suite in your computer as these tools generally interrupt the process of the firmware update.
Let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on how you can apply this firmware to your HTC Desire HD phone.
Pages: 1 2