From Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 Firmware to the custom ROMs based on it, it seems like HTC Desire HD users are having a great time as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest version of Ice Cold Sandwich 3.0 Custom ROM firmware which is nothing but the Android 4.0.3 based ICS Firmware which is a Black panther edition and has one of the best looks when compared with any other custom ROM firmware. Please note that this is not an official firmware version released by HTC and also we have no clue as of now on by when there will be an official firmware of ICS Android 4.0 will be arriving.
Disclaimer: We, Android Advices should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your device after following the instructions which is very unlikely just in case if you follow the instructions properly.
So, in the due course of this article we will see on what are the quick list of pre firmware update instructions followed by the enhancements which come packed with this phone and then the procedure to apply this update to your phone. Please be informed that in the process of this whole thing, the device will be rooted and the warranty will get void.
Pre Firmware Update Instructions:
- Backup all the data which is there in your phone so that the same can be restored just in case if any data is lost or corrupted. We have mentioned the quick list of things which you need to follow so as to backup or restore the data which is there in your phone.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Up next is you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone which can be done from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. USB Debugging option should be ticked. Also, along with this ensure that the device is left with the charge with a minimum of 60%.
- Close or Disable all the firewall tools as well as Antivirus suites in your phone as these tools tend to interrupt the process of the firmware update.
- Last but not the least, you need to Root your HTC Desire HD smartphone as without rooting you cannot apply the update process.
Let’s now have a look at the list of things which are not working along with the features below.
- improved scrolling some more (scrolling cache has to be enabled in Performance)
- fixed volume link – ringer/notification option
- removed DSPManager because it only causes problems with old audio drivers that we use
- updated APNs for some French users to fix MMS
- updated wifixmanager to V1.2
- updated SKIA engine to r3022 – thanks existz (aospX) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skia_Graphics_Engine
- fixed USB tethering!! – thanks to CM team
- added Hot Reboot option – from Evervolv, picked from Twisted
- call screen is now 25% transparent and you can see the whole caller image (default is 100% black)
- added MobileVirtualNetworkOperator – National roaming in CM7 – can be turned ON or OFF – thanks to Rdlgrmpf and his typos 🙂
- updated charge battery policy to display current level of honey icon for split of a second – cyber6
- update gapps to 20120207
- updated dictionaries – let’s hope they work this time
- updated propriatery libs!!!
- updated some apps default setting like Phone, Contacts – from CM, some Dial button show
- fixed OutOfMemory error in logcat when doing some stuff, like sending MMS from Gallery
- reworked camera lib and app – twisted
- torch for powerwidget fix
- added Russian language for t9 dialing and dialpads – thanks to unnamed777
- updated Messaging app and Browser – patches from CM
- double the spped of notification panel animation
- fixed soft button backlight in non-automatic backlight mod – I hope, cherry picked from CM
- Full video playback (HW accel playback) – HD videos still not working nicely
- Camera has glitches – use aftermarket camera app and don’t ask for fixes
- minor bugs