Advisory: This update should not be applied to the phones which are NETWORK LOCKED DEVICES, if you still continue to update your phone then we cannot guarantee on the consequences.
All thanks to RC Mix 3D for launching an all new version of Custom ROM for HTC Desire HD Smart phone which is dubbed as the Runny Mede 4.0 version of the firmware. This firmware packs in the latest Gingerbread 2.3.5 version which is capable of overclocking capability and also has the Sense 3.5 pre embedded in this firmware version. This custom ROM article comes at a time when we saw last time on how you can easily root the phone, gain S Off and install the custom recovery image.
This comes along with a host of enhancements which we will see in the due course of this article. Also, soon you will be pleased to hear that the latest Android 4.0 version is in the making, unofficially though and the same will be soon covered on AndroidAdvices.com, so stay tuned for the same. Also, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can back up your Original phone’s firmware so that just in case if you wish to come back to the original firmware then you can easily get back to the same.
Disclaimer: We, Android Advices should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your device after following the instructions which is very unlikely just in case if you follow the instructions properly.
So, in the due course of this article we will see on what are the quick list of pre firmware update instructions followed by the enhancements which come packed with this phone and then the procedure to apply this update to your phone. Please be informed that in the process of this whole thing, the device will be rooted and the warranty will get void.
Pre Firmware Update Instructions:
- Backup all the data which is there in your phone so that the same can be restored just in case if any data is lost or corrupted. We have mentioned the quick list of things which you need to follow so as to backup or restore the data which is there in your phone.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Up next is you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone which can be done from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. USB Debugging option should be ticked. Also, along with this ensure that the device is left with the charge with a minimum of 60%.
- Close or Disable all the firewall tools as well as Antivirus suites in your phone as these tools tend to interrupt the process of the firmware update.
Let’s now have a look at the list of enhancements which this firmware comes along.
- Comes with Powerful optimization in RAM Memory utilization as it now uses up to a whopping 33% less RAM Memory,
- Internet Browser has been completely revamped and now stores the history better than ever and also comes with better optimization even with slower internet speed,
- Android Market Place now comes by default with the latest version,
- Custom themes can be installed separately,
- Supports tweaks like Super user and busy box without any errors,
- No more force close errors after opening more than 5 applications,
- Supports any Stock ROM,
- Also, comes with an all new user interface along with better apps support,
So, now let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on how you can easily apply this update on your HTC Desire HD Android phone.