How to Update HTC Desire HD with Sense Laced ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware
HTC Desire HD, one of the best smartphones ever continues to battle for a stable ICS Android 4.0 firmware and now an all new update has arrived for the device and is dubbed as “Sense Laced Ice Cream SANDWICH” Update. Please note that this is not an official firmware of ICS yet released by company and also there is no ETA on by when there will be an official ICS roll out by HTC. This ICS Android 4.0 firmware is roped in via the Cyanogen mod 9 firmware sources. This is basically a collaborative effort by BeatMod and SmartDroid which comes with the Sense 3.6 port. All thanks to zFr3eak and XDA Senior Members memnoc, BiCh0n and XxXPachaXxX for their contributions in making this custom ROM firmware.
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the things which work and which not in this firmware. Additionally, we will also be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow before applying this custom ROM Firmware along with the features.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Things which Work:
- SMS / MMS
- GPU acceleration
Things Doesn’t Work:
- USB Mounting
Change Log of v0.3:
- Full audio fix by memnoc
- Full working beats by bich0n
- Working microphone during calls
- Music player fix
- Fixed root and busybox
- Added more resized apps
- Some minor changes
Features of Sense Laced ICS Custom Rom for HTC Desire HD
- Base – RUU_PYRAMID_LE_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.25.401.101
- Sense 3.6
- Android 4.0.3
- XxXPachaXxX Kernel
- Advanced power menu (thx capy)
- Custom Boot animation
- Speed tweaks
- Ext4 Support
- Busy box
- Removed useless things
- Multi languages Support
- Added some apps
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we will be checking out on what are the pre requisites you need to follow before proceeding to follow the tutorial.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all the data which is there in your phone so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the below mentioned steps.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone and disable all the security suites as well as the Firewall Services in your computer
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, its now time to proceed to next page where we have summed up detail instructions on how to apply this firmware.