HTC bought an excellent smartphone a while back named as HD2, it may have forgotten when it mattered to bring an Official ICS update for HD2 but not the developers who are continuously working hard to ensure that you make the most out of your phone. So, on the similar lines, today we will be checking out on how you can install an all new firmware which is dubbed as Dorimanx custom ROM firmware. Please note that this is not an official custom ROM firmware developed or released by HTC but it is a custom ROM firmware developed by the developers.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of Dorimanx Custom ROM Firmware:
- GPS LIBS 2.1 NMEA with AGPS Support 5 to 20 second to GPS lock
- Added GPS Status app to test GPS,BIG Thanks to Tytung
- Camera that make picks with 100% Jpeg quality + Video on “HD” 800×480 6Mbit/s in MPEG4 format! smooth with no delays. 30MB/minute Added MIUI Camera v17 Fixed2, for all. (Thanks to MongooseHelix)
- Latest nightly created for BRAVO phone. (Masked as HD2)
- DATA Connection is above 2.5Mbits download! and Radio Auto switch 3G or H according to signal or Idle DATA to save Power!
- TABLET TWEAKS, With big help from Lit
- Cool Skin with ICS 4.0 transition and lot’s of nice icons, created by UOT kitchen
- Battery % advance by 1% not by 5% also shows % on charger connected
- Added CRONTAB ability as ADD-ON this will make ROM free of dead file cache and RAM / SWAP cache on different time, Read Page 3 for info.
- Lots of scripts that do kernel tweaking, partition remounting, CPU down-volting, cache rearrange, send marked downloads to RAM-DRIVE and more
- ROM Support Apps2SD! NO NEED To install external scripts!!! all apps will be installed to EXT partition by default, if no EXT exist then to NAND drive!
- ROM now supports DATA To EXT, this mod will move all app data to EXT and speed access to them by 3 times!
- With DATA to EXT quadrant score is 2800+ on light rom, 2600+ on heavy loaded rom.
- ROM has media / video decoder/ encoder drivers that allow loud sound from speaker and smooth video record and play back
- ROM has 2 modes, with swap and without it. (HIGH END / LIGHT) (read more below)
- Added HACKED DPI check Market , now you can download and install any app, by using any density resolution!
- Default CM7 FM Radio
- Ads block in HOSTS file, more than 23500 ads blocked
- Full root with new superuser 3.X already updated to latest SU
- Preinstalled Busybox 1.19.4 ,configured and ready
- CLK Ril_Wrapper 4 installed to fix the connection problem
- Added GTALK 1.3 with voice / video support
- Added latest Google Apps limited pack, only needed apps
- DATA / WIFI / GPS / AUTO DIM LIGHTS and blink lights Fixed LIB!
- Working WIFI Tethering app
- MMS blurry pics fix for T-Mobile US users by Tytung! >
- ZRAM support (compcache)
- Aroma Installer Menu, that will guide you on installation!
So, before we proceed to the detailed guide on how one can install this firmware, you now need to ensure that you are going through the detailed list of pre requisites which you need to follow.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your HTC HD2 Android smartphone should be backed up so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your htc hd2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to upgrade your htc hd2’s firmware.
Pages: 1 2