How to Update HTC Desire S with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware – Tutorial
HTC Desire S now gets the latest update of ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. Yes, you have heard it right, an all new custom ROM firmware has arrived which is dubbed as Virtuous Saga v1.0. This custom ROM firmware comes with the latest Sense 3.6 version and is based on the RUU 3.04.401.1 and comes with the 3.0.16 kernel. We will be talking about the features of this Virtuous custom ROM firmware, screen captures, pre requisites and a detailed guide which will help you to update Desire S with ICS 4.0.4. Be informed that this is not an Official firmware of ICS 4.0 released by HTC and also we don’t have any exact time on by when this ICS will be released officially to HTC Desire S smartphone.
The best part of this update is that most of the things are stable, though if at all you face any bugs then do let us know in the comments section as we will convey the same to the developer. It was the last time when we saw on how you can install the latest ICS Android 4.0 firmware version and this is the one which will guide you to install ICS 4.0.4 firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of Virtuous ROM:
- Improved EXT4 performance
- Improved animation performance
- Busy box / Super user
- Latest Maps
- Latest Market
There are some features which are removed from this build and are,
- Adobe Reader (you can download it from Market)
- Some other HTC bloat ware
Screen Captures of Virtuous Custom ROM Firmware on Desire S:
- Your HTC Desire S should be rooted and installed with the Custom recovery image for accommodating this custom ROM firmware.
- We highly recommend to back up all the below mentioned data so that just in case if the data gets wiped or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Desire S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.