Mild yet Wild, yes you have heard it right and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how one can easily install this all new custom ROM firmware in your HTC Desire which is just super awesome. This custom ROM firmware not only comes with a huge list of features but also comes along with the host of other goodness in terms of visual experience. Considering the fact that there are not so many options available in the stock firmware or say in the default firmware, this custom rom will surely be successful in grabbing your attention. All thanks to developer Mild Wild for creating this custom ROM firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of Mild Wild 3.9:
2.3.2 Change log: Oxygen 2.3.2
STABLE Kernel – 184.108.40.206_r3
Added battery controls for brightness & sound in status bar power widget
Added compact carrier
Added croation dictionary
Added option to turn off volume button music controls
Added swipe-to-clear notifications
Decreased bootup time
Improved lock screen animation
Improved media scanner, now scans all external volumes (/emmc & /sdcard)
Removed FM support
*720p HW PLAYBACK
*ice cream theme
*Swipe to Clear Notifications
*Default Keyboard ICS theme
*latest thalamus kernel with mod by alex
*MVPS hosts file to block ads, banners, etc.
*Ice Cream Sandwich Calculator2
*Ice Cream Sandwich Music Player 4.0
*2 way call recording
*Battery saving by reducing wifi scan interval etc
*Better battery life
*Faster database access
*Decrease dialing delay
*improve overall touch responsiveness
*improve scrolling responsiveness
*3G signal tweaks
*Fix some application issues
*Disable blackscreen issue after a call
*hitting the volume rocker will not wake phone
*button lights on when screen is on
*Some RAM tweak´s
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow and then we will check out a detailed tutorial in the next page.
Essential pre Requisites:
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the HTC Sync won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy Advance from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned steps, you now need to proceed to next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to install the custom ROM firmware in HTC Desire.
Procedure to update Mild Wild 3.9 Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Mild Wild Custom ROM Firmware package from here to your computer and once you do this, you need to connect the computer and copy this zip file in the device. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and turn Off the phone so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in htc Desire can be entered by pressing the Volume Down button + Power Button till you see the recovery mode screen on your phone.
- Once the recovery mode is entered, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Mild Wild 3.9 Custom ROM Firmware Package. As soon as you select the file, it will take up to 5 minutes to update the same in your device.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will land up in the recovery mode screen where you need to select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
- Once you see the home screen, disconnect the phone from the computer and there you go, you are ready to play with your phone.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Just in case if you face any issues do let us know in the comments section below as we will try to address the same at the earliest. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated the firmware of HTC Desire with ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.