How to Update HTC Desire with Runnymede AIO v6.1.1 Special Edition Custom ROM
For all those who have got HTC Desire can now update with yet another custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as Runnymede AIO v6.1.1 Special Edition which comes with the INT2SD support. Please note that this is not an official firmware released by HTC and also we have no clue on by when this firmware will be rolling out the update officially. Though this one is in the beta stages, there are not many bugs in this firmware. Just in case if you come across with any errors / bugs, then do let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
In the process of this article, we will not only be checking on what are the features, screen captures on how this custom firmware looks like but also we will be checking out the detailed list of pre requisites followed by the tutorial on how to apply this update in your HTC Desire.
Features of Runnymede AIO v6.1.1 Special Edition Custom ROM:
- Based on official HTC Sensation XL base 1.27.1400.4: Android 2.3.5 with Sense 3.5
- Full-featured Sense 3.5 with all 3D widgets
- RCMix3D Tweaks: custom options for lockscreen, statusbar, Rosie tweaks, scripts, and more!
- Supports generic A2SD and custom AD2SDX by amarullz (only for CM7r2 HBOOT): requires 1 to 1.5GB ext4! (more info about AD2SDX: see this post).
- Deodexed and zipaligned
- With init.d support
- System optimization for graphics & speed
- Multilingual (almost all languages)
- Trackpad-to-wake and trackpad-to-unlock
- Superuser 3.0.7
- Virtuous_oc or andrev_oc daemon (default smartassV2: 384-998MHz wake, 384-576MHz sleep)
- Includes Daemon controller for custom OC/UV settings (optional)
- Includes IncrediControl for CPU frequencies and voltages (optional)
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned the list of pre requisites which you need to follow.