How To Update HTC Dream G1 to Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware
Procedure to install Cyanogen Mod based Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM on HTC Dream G1:
- First up you will have to ensure that the Clock work Mod is installed in your phone which you can do it by installing the ROM Manager which you can download from the Android Market Place.
- Now, all you need to do is to first root your phone before further proceeding to the method. The HTC Dream G1 can be rooted by following this link. Now, once you have rooted your phone you will have to proceed to download these two files which are the Cyanogen Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM and also you will have to download the Kernel additionally followed by the Google Apps. All these files are the zips files which you need to download it from here.
- Now, as soon as you download all of the three things which are the Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM, Google Apps and also the Kernel, now all you need to do is to just copy all of these files to your HTC Dream G1 Phone.
- Now, you will have to enter the phone in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by Booting the device into Recovery by holding the Home and Power button while the device boots. But before you proceed to enter into the recovery mode, you will have to turn off the device.
- Now, from the list of the recovery mode options, you will have to select the option of “Install zip from sdcard” which you can select by scrolling down with the help of the Volume keys.
- Now, first you will have to select the file which is nothing but the ROM which is named as the “update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-DS-signed” and then after that you will have to again come to the recovery mode and then select the option of Install zip from sdcard” and choose the kernel file which is “ezgb-2636-v1.5_S”.
- Now, once both files are updated and are applied, you will now have to now again go to the recovery mode by holding the Home and Power button while the device boots. But before you proceed to enter into the recovery mode, you will have to turn off the device. In the recovery mode, select the option of “Install zip from sdcard” and then after that you will have to choose “gapps-gb-20110613-signed” file which is nothing but the Google Apps.
- Now, once it’s done, just reboot the device. Now, again turn off the device and then you will have to again boot your device in the recovery mode so that you can clear the cache which can be done by selecting the options wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.
That’s it you have now successfully updated your HTC Dream G1 Phone with the latest version of firmware 2.3.5 Gingerbread version. Do let us know in the comments section below if you face any issues while updating the device.