How To Update HTC Evo 3D (CDMA) with Cyanogen MOD 7.1 Custom ROM Gingerbread 2.3.7 Firmware
Instructions to install Clock Work mod Recovery & to gain S-OFF:
- In the process of the firmware update the data which is stored in the phone will be lost. So, you will have to create the backup of the same so that you can then restore the same as soon as the firmware is updated successfully. With the help of the some links below you can easily backup the components of your phone.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Ensure that the phone is charged to the minimum of at least 90% or else you will face performance issues related to the battery. If you still face issues related to the battery then you will have to wait for the battery to charge for 3 – 4 charge cycles when the battery will be stabilized.
- Up next you will have to now ensure that the USB debugging is enabled in the phone which can be done from the path of “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- After which you also will have to download the HTC Drivers to your computer and then you will need to install the same. Please note that the HTC Drivers can only be installed on the Windows based computer and as of now it doesn’t support the Linux or Mac based computers as of now. After this you will also have to disable the fast boot in your phone from the path “Settings > Power > Fast boot”.
- Now up next you will have to now proceed to the HTC Beta Key Generator Site where you will find an option to download with the option of “Download for Windows” and then you will get a notification where in you will have to just fill in the details to get the beta key and other details like the HBOOT version, Device name, Serial number of the phone as shown in the screen shot which is mentioned below.
- Now, once you get the beta key you will now need to open the revolutionary beta key application which you have downloaded from the above link and enter the beta key. Once the beta key is entered you will see that the device will be temporary rooted and the S-Off will be gained successfully. So, now let’s head to the next page where we will see the procedure to apply this CWM ROM on your phone.