HTC EVO 3D CDMA smartphone can now be easily installed with the latest version of Newts One S custom Firmware. This custom ROM firmware comes with any add on features which stock ROMs doesn’t come with and after installing with this custom ROM you can enjoy wide variety of apps which are not there in stock firmware. Please note that this is not an official custom ROM firmware developed or released by HTC but it is a custom ROM firmware developed by the developers. In the process of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with a detailed tutorial on how to update with this firmware. This firmware update ropes in the ICS 4.0.3 Firmware version along with the Sense 4.0.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of Newts One S:
deodex( for now
Wifi (i think i messed up wifi with a last min change ill have it fixed in the morning)
sd read ahead
advanced power menu
Ext 4 tweaks
all skins added (thanks to Mcluvndroid)
changed weather temp to fahrenheit by default
set gpu rendering by default
• ICS AOSP Lockscreen
• custom carrier lockscreen text
• Hide time on lockscreen
• Hide apm/pm on lockscreen
• Hide date on lockscreen
• Hide operator on lockscreen
• menu key to unlock
• home key to unlock
• back key to unlock
• Volume wake toggle
• Media control
• Media control option: choose pause/play or skip track backwards
Unfortunately, there is still no ETA on by when there will be an official update of ICS firmware version but as soon as it arrives, we will let you know here. Let’s head to the next page where we have summed up essential pre requisites which you need to follow.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- In the process of applying this update, there is a possibility that the data in your HTC Evo 3D CDMA may get lost or corrupted, so its recommended to back up the same only with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the HTC Sync as it doesn’t recognize the device in custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Evo 3D CDMA from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
After following all the above mentioned steps, it’s time to head to next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update in your HTC EVO 3D CDMA device.