How to Update HTC Evo 4G with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update
Procedure to Install Cyanogen mod 10 Jellybean Update in HTC Evo 4G:
- Download the Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware Package & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. You should not extract the zip file in your computer or in your phone.
- Connect your HTC Evo 4G to computer with the help of original cable and place the downloaded zip files in your HTC Evo 4G device, not deep into the sub folders.
- Disconnect the device and turn Off the same so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode. Press Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the device boots up in the normal mode, you need to again try entering into the boot loader mode.
- Select the option “Recovery” to enter the device in the recovery mode. Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the placed Cyanogen mod 10 firmware update package and then the Google Apps Package in the same chronological manner. With the help of Volume rocker keys and Power button, select for updating the device.
- It will take around 5 – 6 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” to select “reboot system now” to reboot manually.
- To check whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, you can check the same from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where it will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1 Firmware update.
Note: If your HTC Evo 4G gets stuck in the Nexus Logo or say if it gets stuck at any point of time, long press the power button to turn Off the device and then re-apply the update by following the above instructions.
Congratulations you have successfully updated your device with the latest Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware Update in your HTC Evo 4G device. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.