How to Update HTC Evo 4G with ICS 4.0.1 Firmware
Procedure to Update ICS Android 4.0.1 Firmware in HTC Evo 4G Android Phone:
- Download ICS Android 4.0.1 for Evo 4G Package in your computer and then connect your Evo 4G with the computer. Now copy the downloaded ICS Zip file to your phone and ensure that it’s not placed deep into the sub folders or else it may not get detected in the device.
- Next up copy the downloaded Zip file to your phone and then remove the connected USB cable. Now, enable the USB Debugging in your phone from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging as shown in the below image.
- Turn off your phone so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode. To enter into the recovery mode, press the volume Down Key and simultaneously you need to press the Power button so as to enter in the boot loader Mode. In the boot loader mode, you then need to tap on the “Recovery” option as shown in the below image.
- In recovery mode, select “Clear Storage” so that all the cache data is deleted from your phone. Now, select “install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from SD Card” to choose the ICS Android 4.0.1 Zip file which you have placed in your phone.
- After this in the recovery mode, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and choose “reboot system now” for restarting the phone in the ICS Android 4.0.1 firmware. To check whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, you can check the same from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will see that the firmware version as 4.0.1. If there is any other version then you need to update the same again.
Tip: Restore the backup of all the data which you have made so as to ensure that all the apn settings as well as other crucial data is restored.
Just in case if you face any issues in the process of updating the phone then do let us know in the comments section as we will try our level best to address the same.