Procedure to Update HTC Evo 4G LTE with AOKP ICS 4.0.4 Build Firmware:
- First up you need to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE device and install the clock work mod recovery app from the Google PLAY Store as without this it will be impossible to install the ICS 4.0.4 firmware.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and once downloaded, you now need to open the same and check whether the device is rooted or not. Once its rooted, download AOKP ICS 4.0.4 Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer.
- Turn Off the device so that HTC Evo 4G LTE device can be entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode.
- The Boot loader mode in HTC Evo 4G LTE can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the boot loader mode.
- Select “recovery” option to enter into the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the cache data. If there is any lag fix installed in your device, then you will have to disable the same from the “advance” option.
- Up next you will have to select install zip from sd card, then select choose zip from sd card. Scroll down to select “ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package” and then “Google Apps package” which you have placed in the SD card. Once the file is selected it will take around 5 – 10 minutes for getting this one applied in your device.
Note: If the device gets stuck in the HTC logo or gets into the boot loop mode then you need to long press the power button and turn off the device. Repeat the process from the start by following the instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your HTC Evo 4G LTE device with the latest version of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues while you perform the update in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully