HTC HD2 smartphone can now be installed with the latest firmware release of Jellybean 4.1 update. This is not an Official firmware update released by HTC but is a custom ROM firmware which was released by the third party developers. As of now there is no estimated time on by when there will be an official release but as in when it comes we will update you with the same. Since this is a beta release, there will be some functionalities which work and there will be some while there still are under development. In the past few days we have seen various custom ROM firmwares and also in the coming days we will be checking out the same. As of now this firmware can only be installed on the rooted devices and which have the clock work mod recovery installed in their devices.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions mentioned. Don’t apply this update in your network locked devices or else it may lock the devices or may even brick the device.
- Mobile Data 3G/2G
- Sound check download page for fix
- Video Playback
- USB Mass Storage
- Browser works but display is messed up.
- Error when Installing some Apps
- Google Now crashes.
- In the process of this tutorial, the data in your HTC HD2 device might get lost or corrupted, so with the help of below mentioned instructions you can easily create a backup of all the data. Once the data is backed up, you need to move all the target back up files in your computer so that it is safe.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites installed in your device as well as in yuor computer or else it will interrupt the device update. Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your HTC HD2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also the battery level should be not less than 40% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update.You should have complete read / write access in your computer.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to upgrade the firmware of HTC HD2 with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1 update.