HTC One V smartphone users can now further customize their devices with the help of custom ROM firmwares and in the due course of this article we will be guiding you with a detailed guide on how you can install the latest and most visually appealing firmware dubbed as “my ONE V”. In the coming days we will be coming up with many other custom ROM firmwares like jellybean 4.1 based firmwares and also the latest Cyanogen Mod 10 based firmwares for HTC One V. Please note that this is not an Official firmware update released by HTC or Google but is a custom ROM firmware by third party developers. All thanks to the open sourceness of ANDROID which enables you to customize the device, the way you want it.
Since it’s a custom ROM firmware, there will be some minor bugs but there are many added functionalities which will improve the functionalities and overall performance of your HTC One V drastically. For applying this update, you need to ensure that your ONE V is rooted and installed with the custom Recovery image. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void, though it can be restored by applying with the original firmware update. So, ensure that you note down all the details present in the path “Settings > About Phone”. You can check on whether your One V is rooted or not with the help of “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from Google PLAY Store.
- Based on PrimoU 2.09.707.1
- Kernel – Tweaked Stock
- Fully Deodexed all APKs & JARs
- Zipaligned system APKs
- Ext4 File system with Alignment
- init.d Support
- Data APKs auto zipalign at boot
- SmoothScroll Patch
- Busybox, Root, Superuser are pre-installed apps
- Languages : Multilingual – Full WWE
In the process of this article, we will be checking out on what are the express pre requisites followed by the screen captures and a detailed guide on how to apply this update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your device doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
- Data in your HTC One V might get corrupted / erased, so backup all the data with the help of below steps. Dont make use of the HTC Sync tool to back up the data as it doesn’t suport the custom ROM firmware
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- You should ensure that your device is the International version and should not be the network locked or a contract device. Minimum battery left in your device should be at least 60% so as to make sure that One V doesn’t get turned Off. From Settings and Development, you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.