AT&T HTC One X smartphone can now be upgraded with the latest Asian RUU based 1.88.707.2 custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as Magnolia. This custom ROM firmware comes along with more features along with the smooth user interface. Be informed that for applying this update, the device will have to be rooted and also the custom recovery should be installed. It’s not released by HTC but is rolled out by the third party developer. In the process of this firmware update, we will be checking out on what are the features, screen captures and a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware in your htc one x powered by at&t network.
Features of Magnolia Custom ROM Firmware:
- Based on Asia RUU 1.88.707.2;
- Deodexed, zipaligned, etc.;
- Advanced Power Menu;
- Landscape Rosie (my own, minimally recoded version);
- Ultra smooth rosie mod (flattened widgets for faster/smoother scrolling);
- Disabled 3-dot menu bar in fullscreen apps;
- Recents key mapped to context menu, long-press home key for recents (more options soon);
- Init.d support with my own blend o’ tweaks;
- Android graphics rendering disabled, all hardware GPU enabled;
- Accurate Battery Mod (percentage battery both unplugged and charging);
- Extended Quick Settings (compliments of scrosler);
- ATT logo removed from status bar;
- build.prop tweaks (hide adb icon, increase wifi & 3G speeds);
- ATT VVM app;
- Wireless Tether app;
- Removed widgets and app shortcuts on home screen at boot up, except weather clock, so you don’t have to do it yourself;
Since in the process of applying update, the data will be wiped off completely, it’s highly recommended to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below instructions. Also, copy all the backed up target files in your computer so that it can be again restored back easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Minimum battery charge should be 50% plus so as to make sure that the One X doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Also, enable the USB debugging from the Settings.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It is very unlikely that there will be any issues to the device as we are committed to help you out with the same.
So let’s get started with the detailed guide on how to apply this update with the help of instructions mentioned in the next page.