How To Update HTC Incredible S to Cyanogen Gingerbread 2.3.7 Firmware
Last time it was Cyanogen Mod 7.0.1 in the form of Gingerbread 2.3.4 and now today we will see on how you can easily upgrade the existing Gingerbread 2.3.4 version to the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.7 for your HTC Incredible S. With barely few devices has got an un official release of 2.3.7 release of Android, this Cyanogen Mod custom ROM comes as a great respite on not only in the fresh new interface but also comes packed with a lot of functionalities which I guess the Stock ROM can’t even think of such customizations. So, we will see in the due course of the article on how you can easily install the same.
Please note that this version of Cyanogen mod 7.1 is not an official release from HTC and also in the due course of this process, the device will be rooted which will void the warranty.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
Caution: Its recommended to follow each and every single step carefully which is mentioned in the due course of the article so that you don’t miss out on the things which can even brick your phone. Also, just in case if you got stuck in any part of the article then you will have to start the whole process from the start or else you can also let us know in the comments section if there are any issues.
To make things easy, we have broken this article into different pages. You can go to the next page from the “Page Selector” option which can be done by just clicking on “Page 2”, “Page 3” etc. We have also embedded all the download links in the article itself for simplicity. So, in this next page you will see the list of pre requisites to be followed, then in the 3rd page we will see on how you can turn S OFF followed by the installation of latest Cyanogen MOD 7.1 installation. At AndroidAdvices, we will provide the complete coverage on all the latest happenings in the Android. Just in case if you feel that you want to have the Cyanogen mod 7.1 for your phone as well then do leave a comment below for the same and we will come up in a priority manner.
Let’s check out the list of Enhancements and Disadvantages of Cyanogen mod 7.1 for Incredible S below,
Enhancements and Features of Cyanogen Mod 7.1:
- Firmware based on the Gingerbread 2.3.7,
- Stock version of Cyanogen mod 126.96.36.199 kernel,
- Supports all the AOSP kernels and also Tiamat-Saga,
- Comes with an all new Interface which is different from Stock,
- Better Battery optimization for higher battery life,
- Increased Quadrant Ranks when checked with Antutu benchmarking tool
- Supports the latest Android Market place 3.1.6,
- Comes with the better app management tools and facilities as it supports many folder lock applications which was not there earlier
Disadvantages of this ROM:
- Though this ROM comes with the latest Android market Place of 3.1.5 (upgradable to Android Market version 3.1.6) doesn’t seem to work well in the slower GPRS / EDGE / 3G / Wi Fi data speeds.
- There are some force close issues when more than 6 – 7 applications are opened.
- Some of the task killers are not compatible with this version of firmware,