Great news arrives for all the owners of htc Incredible S owners as there’s an all new update of Gingerbread 2.3.3 version. This comes as a great respite for all those who were having this phone as since this phone was the boot loader locked users faced great difficulty in updating the firmware externally. And also most importantly since the Gingerbread 2.3.3 update has finally arrived as an official update, there’s no stopping the happiness. So, let’s check out on what are the improvements and also let’s check out on how you can update with the same.
Though this update has been released in the selected parts, this update of Gingerbread 2.3.3 release will be pushed gradually to all parts of the World but as of now it’s been pushed into India and other select countries. Please note that the base band version is dubbed as 20.2805.30.085AU_3805.04.03.27_M, the Kernel version is 184.108.40.206-G529446E with the build number as 2.12.720.5 CL37872 with the software number as 2.12.720.5. Not to forget with lots of enhancements along with the new user interface to complement are the part of this software update which we will be looking in the due course of the article. This update is over the air update and also most importantly if you have rooted your phone before then please notes that the rooting access will be revoked and also you will have to root the device again as soon as you update the device. Since this update is being rolled out in the batches, you may get it very soon.
Enhancements in the Gingerbread 2.3.3 update:
- This all new update of Gingerbread 2.3.3 ropes in the better overall refinement of battery performance as it’s optimized further to give long battery life. With this update of 2.3.3, the battery life has been optimized by around 15% overall and also the quadrant ranks have been substantially improved.
- Apart from the battery life, this new update comes along with an all new faster and more interactive user interface which is the best part of this update.
- Many of the users faced issues with the GPS as well as frequent disconnection in the Wi Fi after a particular interval of time which is now overcomed in this update of Gingerbread.
- Now, the free RAM too is increased and it also releases more RAM to the users directly so that the phone becomes much faster as the RAM availability has been increased to the users so that apps can make use of it and also the start-up time has been marginally reduced by two points. The quadrant speeds have been substantially improved and also the user interface is now much speedier than before. This update is considered as the major update with almost all the fixes.
- Now, all new flash update of 10.3 Adobe flash comes packed along with this update and also most importantly the Google Maps are now updated with this update so as to deliver the 3D Map view. Also, soon the release of Adobe flash 10.4 will be revealed and you will be happy to know that this phone also supports this future version of Adobe.
- Many user also reported the issues regarding the Android Market Place where in users we getting error messages while they are on the slow internet speeds.
Note: Since the firmware update has been updated, all the APN Settings will be cleared. So, to access all the data services / MMS / Internet, you will have to get the Internet settings from from your Service provider.
Procedure to update HTC Incredible S with Gingerbread 2.3 edition:
- Please note that you will have to ensure that you have synced all your contacts with your Google Account, all sms, applications, videos and music files which are there in your phone should be taken a backup or else the data will be lost. Anything which is in SD card will not be lost, so you can alternatively move to SD Card. So make sure that you’ve backed up the information and files you want to keep.
- Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
Automatic Update Notification:
So let’s check out the same on how you can easily update your phones with the OTA update of Gingerbread 2.3 edition with the automated method as well as the manual method. You will have to make sure that the phone’s storage card is inserted as the update will be downloaded to the storage card.
- As soon as you get an update notification which will be termed as “install system software update”, you will have to select the option which is called as “install now” and then simply tap on OK to proceed for the update.
- If you’re in a call, the update notification icon appears in the status bar. After the call, then slide open the Notifications panel, and then tap the update notification.
- Or else you will have to wait for the update and then download and install the same on your phone after which the phone will be restarted automatically.
Manual Update Method:
If you haven’t got any sorts of update notification then from the home screen, you will have to press the Menu key from your phone which will be there in the Settings after which just simply tap on the “About Phone” after that tap on the “System Software updates”. From this you will have to tap on the “Check now” option to check with the same. Please note that you have an active Wi Fi connection or the GPRS connection as the updates will be downloaded in the phone.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated the latest Gingerbread version of 2.3.3 in your HTC Incredible S officially. Do let us know in the comments section below if you face any kind of issues as we will try our level best.